Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
bugs

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,277
Reply with quote  #1 

(Yes, this is important enough to warrant posting in the MAIN Brian Wilson thread)

Aside from reduced posts from many regulars – understandable during pauses in Brian's tours/releases - there's a sudden, final(?) absence of a Community icon of sorts.  I'm talking about Lee Marshall.  Lee.  The Man with All the Noise (sorry Lee, too hard to pass up now that the Christmas tour nears).  Lee is one of the treasured 'elders' here, with a long history of stories, opinions, and encouragement - and I just can’t see this place thriving without him.

To be sure it wasn’t health related, I searched recent BW threads for Lee’s activity…and perhaps glean possible causes for his departure – I only found vague reference in a recent "Battle of the Bands" thread…nothing worthy of heartache from either side.  It’s the BOTB thread – a nice diversion, but not the heart and soul of the BrianWilson.com Community Board.    

But specifics aren’t important.  Unless a cyber-crime or -threat was committed (and I can't see THAT being the case here), differences of tastes (or just reading of others’ tastes) is not worth losing a contributor to this board as vital as Lee.

Perhaps those on all sides of the dodecahedron can just chalk it up to a bad day or two.  Come on home, Lee.


__________________

“Like a dream that's somehow linked to all the stars above." 🌟 🌟 
-Brian Wilson, 1976
                        

0
surfergurl

Registered:
Posts: 510
Reply with quote  #2 
Well said Bugs. I hope everything is okay. (Let's hope it's just Thanksgiving indigestion, too much turkey last weekend? Or maybe he took an extra, extra long weekend?) Come on back Lee, we miss you!
0
surfergurl

Registered:
Posts: 510
Reply with quote  #3 
OMG, it says 'This user has been deleted'. Admin, can you tell us anything?
0
Larry Franz

Registered:
Posts: 555
Reply with quote  #4 
I don't think Lee would mind me sharing something he wrote:
Quote:
I am extra busy [x2] and it's going to get busier [x4] as I prepare to physically launch a new morning show at a radio station we've completely rebuilt in every way imaginable. 

Because there's also been some friction lately, he decided to cancel his account. He doesn't rule out coming back as circumstances change.

0
surfergurl

Registered:
Posts: 510
Reply with quote  #5 
I wish Lee all the best with the new show. But I sure will miss him around here. I hope he comes back.
0
Emdeeh

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 165
Reply with quote  #6 
He's been posting on other BB forums recently.
0
Lisa G/TS

Registered:
Posts: 803
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Because there's also been some friction lately, he decided to cancel his account. He doesn't rule out coming back as circumstances change.


Sad news but thanks Larry. 
IMO, the friction wasn't your fault...not nearly as much as it was someone else's. 


0
Larry Franz

Registered:
Posts: 555
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa G/TS

IMO, the friction wasn't your fault....not nearly as much as.....

I don't think I was wrong to speak up, but I did, and when we speak up, all kinds of things can happen.

In general, I tend to favor speaking up (as you can tell from what's below). 

0
bonnie bella

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,910
Reply with quote  #9 
Nooooooooooooooooo

__________________

Clowns divorce: custardy battle.     Simon Munnery

0
bugs

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,277
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Franz
...
Because there's also been some friction lately, he decided to cancel his account. ...

Here?!?  Perhaps Lee meant to cancel his smiley-smile account instead (where 'friction' can be one of its many middle names)...but, here!?! 
Maybe the BOTB is more of a battle than I realized.

[frown]

__________________

“Like a dream that's somehow linked to all the stars above." 🌟 🌟 
-Brian Wilson, 1976
                        

0
Lisa G/TS

Registered:
Posts: 803
Reply with quote  #11 
Larry -- Some might have thought your post on reviewing the game rules was the starting point of the kerfuffle...hullaballoo...whatever. However, I'll confess you weren't wrong with a few points, particularly with HeWhoWon'tBeNamed being the only one who can make snide remarks to participants. It uncomfortably reminds me of Trump, another alleged adult who freely makes fun of others but don't you dare make fun of him. Also, both seem too proud to "own up" and offer a sincere apology and clarification promptly if a remark is taken the wrong way. (Heck, even you owned up to one of your statements much earlier that might have offended me, so...seriously, how difficult is it, fellas?) 

Frankly, the real kick in the pants was how HWWBN's unnecessarily long rebuttal to you confirmed some of the observations AND set off the big brouhaha with Lee. Now if that won't make you think a little longer before posting (or take the consequences more maturely) I don't know what will.   [frown]

0
Popeye (not the sailor)

Registered:
Posts: 143
Reply with quote  #12 
Looks like Lee did an Elvis and has left the building....



WE WANT LEE!!!! WE WANT LEE!!!! WE WANT LEE!!!!
0
Al Forsyth

Registered:
Posts: 3,073
Reply with quote  #13 
Get back to where you once belong(ed), Mr. Marshall.  A GREAT contributor.  To share some history - he took a LARGE break some years ago, possibly for career purposes or personal reasons. 

There have been some dust-ups at The Battle but nothing that a few apologies couldn't have resolved. Battle implies having differences but it is only a game show. It was devised to get us through the difficult posting times here at BW.com

I hope that Lee comes back to us when he is good and ready to do so.  The world needs more Lee Marshall's, who tell it like it is (say it Mr. DJ, say it) who is a devoted fan of Brian Wilson and has the heart of gold to back it - and his own opinions of course.  [wink]

__________________
A diamond necklace played the pawn...
0
bugs

Avatar / Picture

Registered:
Posts: 1,277
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Forsyth
Get back to where you once belong(ed), Mr. Marshall.  A GREAT contributor.  To share some history - he took a LARGE break some years ago, possibly for career purposes or personal reasons. 

There have been some dust-ups at The Battle but nothing that a few apologies couldn't have resolved. Battle implies having differences but it is only a game show. It was devised to get us through the difficult posting times here at BW.com

I hope that Lee comes back to us when he is good and ready to do so.  The world needs more Lee Marshall's, who tell it like it is (say it Mr. DJ, say it) who is a devoted fan of Brian Wilson and has the heart of gold to back it - and his own opinions of course.  [wink]
Perfect words from another valued BW.com elder/icon.  Thank You Al.


__________________

“Like a dream that's somehow linked to all the stars above." 🌟 🌟 
-Brian Wilson, 1976
                        

0
dancai

Registered:
Posts: 247
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by

Frankly, the real kick in the pants was how HWWBN's unnecessarily long rebuttal to you confirmed some of the observations AND set off the big brouhaha with Lee. Now if that won't make you think a little longer before posting (or take the consequences more maturely) I don't know what will.   [frown</b><br>



Do you mean to say there's another troublemaker on this board besides me?  About time!
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.